frequently asked questions
- CAN I VIEW MORE OF YOUR DESIGNS?
Our website is designed to be an introduction to our work, however we continually update our Instagram and Facebook pages with images of cakes coming out of our studio!
- CAN I CUSTOMISE AN EXISTING CAKE INK DESIGN?
Yes – if you have seen something you like but want to change it slightly, or even combine some of the elements with those from another design, we would be happy to chat to you about your ideas - get in contact with us to discuss.
- DO YOU HAVE A CUSTOM CAKE PRICE GUIDE?
We have a minimum order of $260. Each cake is individually priced taking in to account the size, complexity in the final design and any special requirements.
However, we find most clients opt for custom designed cakes that fall in the below price guide:
2 tier cake to serve 80 people - $500 - $900
3 tier cake to serve 120 people - $800 - $1300
All serving sizes are approximate only.
- WHAT CAKE FLAVOURS DO YOU OFFER?
Buttercream finish cakes
- Signature chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese buttercream
- Vanilla bean cake with vanilla bean buttercream
- Red velvet cake with raspberry buttercream
- Vanilla bean cake with raspberry buttercream and lemon curd
- Lemon cake with blueberry buttercream and lemon curd
- White chocolate mud cake with passionfruit buttercream and passionfruit curd
- Any of the below fondant finish flavours
Fondant finish cakes
- Chocolate mud cake with dark chocolate ganache
- White chocolate mud cake with white chocolate ganache
- Raspberry and white chocolate mud cake with white chocolate ganache
- Salted caramel mud cake with white chocolate ganache
- Red velvet cake with white chocolate ganache and raspberries
- Orange and almond torte with white chocolate ganache (GF)
- Gluten free mud cake with dark chocolate ganache
- CAN I TASTE SOME CAKE?
We've listened to client feedback over the years and have worked hard to enhance our cake tasting experience. Your tasting now consists of a beautifully finished plain semi-naked cake, containing up to two flavours of your choice. Your tasting cake can therefore double as a small celebration cake that can be collected on a date that's convenient for you. Please get in touch via the Contact Us page for details on how to order.
The mini tasting cake is a petite single tier that is approx. 5" diameter by 5" tall. It will serve up to 10 coffee sized portions. It can also be decorated with some beautiful fresh blooms for a special event/tasting occasion for an additional small fee.
If after tasting you decide to book your wedding cake with us, we will deduct the cost of the tasting cake from your final invoice (making this a complimentary service). This applies to custom designed wedding cakes only.
- WHAT MAKES UP A TYPICAL CAKE?
We work mostly with a thin 3mm layer of smooth fondant over a filled and masked ganache cake, made with Belgian couverture chocolate. We also offer a softer finish of natural buttercream or whipped white chocolate ganache for a more homespun and relaxed look. Most of our cakes come on an iced presentation board. See the below image for more about how we make our cakes.
- WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY CAKE?
For custom cake orders, the earlier the better! We are a small boutique studio and complete a limited number of cakes per week, meaning during peak seasons we can book out far in advance. We will however do our best to accommodate your order, however most clients are ready to begin the cake design process roughly six months prior to the event.
For online cake orders, please check the calendar function for availability.
- HOW MUCH WILL DELIVERY OF MY CAKE COST?
For custom cake orders, we charge a competitive delivery and set up fee based on the number of kilometres travelled to your venue. Cakes are generally delivered on the day of the event and we will include this cost on your quote. You are welcome to collect your cake from our studio (from mid-2022 onwards), however we recommend that larger tiered cakes be delivered as this is a complex and delicate task!
- CAN I PURCHASE SUGAR FLOWERS AND DECORATIONS?
Unfortunately due to their fragile nature, we are unable to sell and ship sugar flowers and decorations separately from a completed cake.
- DO YOU TEACH CAKE DECORATING CLASSES?
Yes, please visit the tutorials and workshops section of our home page.
- HOW DO I CARE FOR MY CAKE TOPPER?
Our cake toppers are made from either acrylic or timber, and are quite fragile - always handle with care, and hold at the base of topper area or top of stake to insert into the cake. Push gently! To avoid snapping, never push the cake topper from the top. Wipe clean with a damp cloth, and once dry, store flat out of direct sunlight.